From north to south, from east to west – or vice versa. With a car and a bit of a taste for adventure, you can easily discover some of the most beautiful corners of Switzerland. The Giardino hotels in Zurich, St. Moritz, Ascona and Locarno are the starting points and destinations. In between, the routes allow you to experience up close the majestic panoramic views and the breathtaking natural scenery of the Alps.
Adventure and relaxation in perfect harmony. You can follow our recommendations or explore the countryside all on your own. Here are our 3 favorite routes:
1. Always check in advance to make sure that all roads are open.
Many passes are closed before and after the summer months.
2. Mountain roadways can be extremely narrow and curvy in parts,
and should only be driven on by experienced drivers
3. Be sure to take a break every hour or switch drivers. If you’re feeling tired,
don’t get behind the wheel.
4. Most routes can be swapped out for shorter, more direct routes.
Decide which route you want to take before you set off.
5. Enjoy the drive through the mountains and take time to admire
the local sights and attractions on the way.
6. Your Giardino hotel is there for you at any time, whatever you need.
Be sure to note down our contact information before your trip. This way, you can ring us for tips while you’re on the road.
+41 800 333 313
This summer, we are giving away 2 overnight stays for 2 people at a Giardino hotel of your choice. How does it work? Share your personal highlight with us during your holiday in Switzerland or at a Giardino hotel:
1. Take a picture of your highlight through the water lily on the right.
Hold the water lily cut-out right in front of your camera.
2. Focus on your subject inside of the water lily.
It’s okay if the outline of the water lily is blurry.
3. Share your picture on Instagram, with the
hashtag #ilovegiardino. Also be sure to tag @giardinohotels.
4. The winner will be announced on 30.
September 2019 on our Instagram profile.